Thursday, April 29, 2010

Téa Jo


We have decided a name for our baby girl! It is going to be Téa and the middle name Jo. We have loved the name Téa since we were first married and this time we get to use it! We decided a few weeks ago for sure. We hadn't told the boys yet and Travis was saying the prayer and said Téa in the prayer. After Hudson said " who is Téa"? We told him that was what his baby sisters name was going to be. Hudson replied " I don't like that". The next day he must have forgot because he was so excited to tell everyone the name. I wanted to make a quilt so after searching on the internet I finally made a decision on fabric. I have never made a quilt other than the rag ones. I got my fabric and it took me a few days to get brave enough to cut it, then it took me a few weeks to get brave enough to sew it. Once I started sewing I was so excited to finish it and I was happy the way it turned out. I am going to mail it to my Grandma to have her take it to her lady that does the finish work. I can't wait to have it all the way done. I am finding that I enjoy to sew I just need to make time for it. I just ordered a more fabric to make some burp rags for Téa and as gifts.

The backing is the lighter blue color fabric and the binding is going to be the darker turquoise color.

5 comments:

Myers Family said...

Ooh, I LOVE the name! Very cute! Can't wait to see pictures of her- she will be here before you know it! And great job on the quilt!

Kateka said...

The name is so pretty. Is it said like Tay-uh?

The quilt is also gorgeous! Nicely done.

Unknown said...

Love the quilt! You are already a pro! And I love the name!

Miquel said...

Oh my gosh I love love love that name. It's so unique and pretty. And i've been wanting to make a quilt. You've inspired me!! The one you made is beautiful. Can't wait to see pics of your baby girl.

Norine said...

Way cute blanket JoJo. I love it! I think the name is super cute too. Can't wait to see you again.