Saturday, June 5, 2010

30 Weeks

June 5th 2010


The doctor got this really good pic of Téa's face when I had my appointment this week. I could see her open and close her eyelid it was a little creepy but neat at the same time.

I hit my 30 week mark yesterday! I can’t wait to have our little baby girl join our family! Only ten more weeks to go. For some reason that seems like it will come soon maybe it’s because we have a few crazy months ahead of us. We have some big changes ahead of us. This past winter with lots of prayers and fasting we have decided that Travis will be getting out of the Coast Guard and going back to school. We will be moving back to Utah and he will be attending USU. We are so blessed to have the GI Bill which will pay for our housing and school. It has been a long process getting everything all lined up. It has been stressful at times and frustrating, mostly waiting on others to take care of the paper work for us. We will be receiving final orders this week which will allow us to schedule our pack out date for our household goods and to buy our plane tickets. I will fly out with the boys a few weeks early so we can visit my Parents and Aunt Beth in North Carolina for a week then travel on to Utah before it is to late in my pregnancy to be flying. We have already found a house to rent and our so excited to have a house again with a fenced yard that was a must!!! We told the boys that we will be buying a tramp and that Dad would make them a sand box and they are so excited. I think we won’t see much of them considering the weather is going to be mild for us coming from the hot and humid PR. If you ask Hudson why we are moving he will tell you this “we are done with Puerto Rico”. It is pretty funny hearing a five year old say what we want to only he doesn’t mean it that way. I explained to him that we were moving because dad was all done working for the Coast Guard and was going to go to school like him. I think that is were he got the done part. He didn’t want to move and told me he just wanted to visit Utah then come back to PR. I asked him why and he said “I am just a little concerned about making friends”. Oh Hudson he has nothing to worry about he makes friends so easily and he has some waiting there for him. He is happy about the idea now that we explained it all to him. I can’t wait to be back by most of our family and to be in the states again. Living in Puerto Rico for three years has been a great experience for us we have grown in so many ways. We are going to miss the people, the beautiful beaches, and the winter weather. Other than that we are ready to have life be a little simpler in the medical area, costumer service along with a smaller town and way less traffic! Not to mention way less humidity! I am also so excited to have a baby in the states with the same midwife that delivered Hudson! We were blessed and watched over having Remy in PR but it will be so nice not to have the language barrier and so much more.

An Update from dad in our weekly e-mail to Uncle Parley and Parents on the mission.....

So, needless to say the boys are busy as usual. Hudson (who Remy refers to as 'kids' full time now) is growing a little bit more each day. He is out of school now for the summer but still loves to practice his letter and numbers. Anything that has words on it he wants to know what it says and then he wants to write the words on some paper. It's fun to see his mind working to figure stuff out. Yesterday him and Remy were playing puppy doctor. This game is one of them acts like a sick puppy and the puppy doctor trys to help the sick puppy feel better by using things like Hudson's socket wrench on the belly, or monster trucks across the legs to fix the problem. It seems lome the monster trucks fix most everything and almost always lead to a wrestling match! Hudson still has the upper hand at wrestling but Remy get his cheap shots in when he can. Considering the size difference between the two, I (as the ref) never take any points away from Remy though. Although, I draw the line at choking and eye pokes! What a good father I am!

Jojo has finished both of the boys quilts for their Utah beds. We decided they would need some thicker ones to stay warm with up in the Cache Valley and she let them pick the material out for their own quilt. Remy has a construction equipment one and Hudson has robots. Jo has also been full time cleaning mode too! She has made Aunt Coz style list and it rules our life & haunts my dreams. This whole move thing looms over us and we are hoping to keep it together thoughout the process. Maybe if I would quit moving us across the entire earth we wouldn't have this problem though! Jo has been able to mix a bit a girl time with her friends here too. She has been going to baby showers, and girls nights to say good-bye to the great friends we have had here who are also leaving. Yesterday she had a doctors appointment and the doctor was able to get a really good picture of Téa. You could her face really good. The good news is she looks nothing like me! Whew! Just pretty like her Mom.

My days have been much the same as usual. I go work--try to make it through the day with a smile and then come home and work out. Sometimes I change up the order by working out first and then heading to work for the evening, either way I still go to work though and I wish I could just skip that part! The coming home is always awsome though. I have these two wild and crazy boys who greet me with smiles and hugs and beautiful wife who gives me the "I'm done" look and I really feel blessed to have all three to come home to.

3 comments:

Brittany Crane said...

That is great that you are moving back to Utah. Maybe next year when I come visit we can get together. I would love to see you!! I bet you are right that these next ten weeks will go by super fast because of the busy schedule you have with moving and visiting your parents. The end of pregnancy seems to drag on.....hopefully yours will speed right by! I'm so excited for you!

Kateka said...

Oh my gosh, Logan is SOOOO cold. It is the coldest I ever felt in my entire life. My bones were cold. Not kidding. It will be such a transition for you, but with the construction and robot quilt, it sounds like you are all set! I am so excited for you to be back in Utah, and for me to have an excuse to come visit Logan again.

Tea is looking cute as ever. I love that you said her opening her eyes almost seemed creepy. You are so funny. :)

You used a midwife with Hudson? How did I not know this? Did you go completely natural? I am completely interested in going natural (one of these days, if/when I ever have kids).

Travis's letter to Parley was so adorable.

mardymeans said...

That is so funny that Remy calls Hudson kids!! I'm excited for you guys to move to Utah too! It is really nice, let me tell ya! I hope everything goes well with your move and you all get here safe and sound!! I know it will be quite a relief for you! That picture of Tea is really cool!