Sunday, January 15, 2012

Drive to North Carolina

This is what the GPS said when we left Logan to drive to NC to suprise my mom for christmas. We told my dad around Thankgiving and he was able to keep it a secret, along with all of us who almost sliped up a few times. We took Bethany and Parley with us and told them they could only come along if they still would like us and the kids after the long adventure.

On the way there we layed down the seats and tried to drive threw the night, it was a good idea just hard to do with Tea being so young. We finnaly got her asleep around 11, all the kids slept and me and Beth had a hard time. We were supposed to be the replacment drivers. We stopted to get gas around 2 in the morning and Hudson woke up and threw up, along with Travis who started to feel sick. By 2:30 Tea was awake and thought we were having a party, she was smiling big and chatting. By then I was tired and had enough and we decided to pull over and get a hotel. It didn't take us long to be in bed! On the way home we decided to stay three nights and drive during the days and that worked better.
The kids did so good, I didn't have high expectaions but they did awesome. It was me that had to take a few deep breaths!

When we would stop for gas we would all get out and get some wiggles out!
Travis enjoying the break from driving, he was a driving machine! He drove all the way home! Crazy, I am pretty sure he just liked that he could put in ear phones and listen to his book and not have to worry about feeding and entertaining everyone. When we arrived we planed a head of time with my dad that he would go to the bathroom so my mom would have to answer the door. We put my kids on the door step and knocked. When she opened the door she was so shocked, she was so suprised she just knelt down to hug the kids and cried and cried. I had to tell Remy that Grandma was okay that they were happy tears. She had no idea! It was the best suprise, Christmas ever. We got there a week before Christmas and left the day after Christmas. The weather was so nice in the 60's.
Enjoying the weather, eating a stick!
Tea loves blueberries, I made the mistake of letting her have to many. That was a scary diaper, a mistake I won't make again.
Playing some basketball at the mission home.

1 comments:

Kateka said...

Oh! That is the sweetest surprise ever. Obviously, your mom really appreciated it (I am sure your dad too - but it's always nice knowing someone was so touched by you that it brought them to tears!).