Sunday, March 1, 2009

Remy's Red Dot!

Notice the little red dot below his right eye-

Here it is Friday night-

and now on Saturday morning!!


Remy just won the UFC title!!
You should have seen the other kid!



Always happy to have a bath!

Remy has had a little red dot that has slowly been growing since December. I took him in on Monday to have it looked at and the doctor determined it was just a cherry hemangioma. That all sounds fancy--however what that really means is--if this gets scratched it's gonna bleed like crazy!! Travis was nice and let me sleep in on Saturday and woke me up saying, "Look at this kid!" At first I thought it was poo all over him (If you haven't heard the story 'Hudson's week from Hell'-- ask me later) but it was blood! Some time in the night Remy scratched that little red dot and bled all over. His crib looked awfull too! It looked we had bled a out deer above his crib! We told some of our friends the next day and they all were amazed at the pictures too. We are trying to get an appointment to have the thing removed but the Puerto Rican way of medicine is a little bit, shall we say, slow?! Who knows, maybe we will just wake up to a bloody little boy every once in while.

4 comments:

Katie said...

Oh my gosh JoJo! Poor little man! Hopefully he can get it removed soon. Does it seem to bother him? I'll see ya tomorrow!

Cher said...

Poor little guy! Kadence has had a pretty good size hemangioma on her shoulder. It appeared about 2 weeks after she was born, I will post a picture of it for you. Everyone that sees it freaks out and asks how she got hurt. My pediatrician and dermatologist told me that it should eventually fade and disapper on it's own. If it doesn't than we have the option of having it removed. Kady recently started noticing it, and now calls it her "Special Tattoo from Jesus". ☺

Joslyn said...

Geez, who knew that you're little horror movie star could be so happy? That's when you know a kid is genuinely adorable- is when they are still so dang cute covered in blood... or poo

Unknown said...

wow! all that blood looks scary for sure! I saw him closely last Sunday and the little red dot looked fine to me? He is cute with or without an hemangioma anyways!