Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Blessings

Since I use this as my journal I need to be better about writing more stuff down. I am overwhelmed with gratitude for the blessings that have come our way the last few months. After the trip Travis and I took to Texas in search of a job we came home feeling very discouraged! He had several job offers with great companies but none felt right or worth the move to be so far away from family. When we got home I printed one of my favorite quotes off and hung it on the fridge to read a few times a day. It was a hard time for us. Travis was stressed with his big licenseure test for PTA coming up and I had never seen him so worried about what was next and to make it threw the test. It was a time we really relied upon prayers and priesthood blessings!

 This Quote helped me remember to not give up and to put our trust in god. A few days after we got back from Texas Travis received a email from his school about a job opening in Blanding Ut. I told him he was crazy to apply and I didn't want to live in a tiny town that was so far away from anything. He applied anyways and headed down for an interview a few weeks later. In the mean time he had received a few more job offers in a different part of Texas that would give us enough of a income to make the move but they still didn't fill completely right. After he had interviews in Blanding he knew that if he could get this job it would be great for our family. With a lot of prayers we just waited to hear back and knew if that's were we were supposed to move it would work out. It would be the only job in Utah that would pay enough and we would have the chance to be closer to family. They called him and offered him the job a few days earlier than we expected and it was such a blessing to know it was right!! In the next few weeks after that we packed up and made the move to Blanding. The house we are renting is for sale and we have had the help to now this is the right place for out family so we are in the process of buying the home right now. Travis loves his job and they love him. He has a year contract with them and last week they told him they are ripping it up and he has to stay. They are such nice family men to work for and that has been such a blessing. I was telling my Dad and Mom that I am just waiting for something bad to happen because we have had so many things and blessings come our way. I am grateful for the advice my Dad gave me which basically was to stop waiting and that just because we have felt so blessed doesn't mean something bad will happen. I think in my head we have had such a crazy and hard journey for the last four years to get to this point that its to good to be true that we made it in the end!! I am so grateful for our Heavenly Father who hears and answers our prayers and for the words of our leaders that can comfort us and give us hope when we need it the most. 

0 comments: